This afternoon I was checking through my EQSL inbox and recieved a notification of a QSO from a station that did not appear to be in my log…
So I did the usual checking of my log as I have been known to have the “Two Many Fingers on Keyboard syndrome” every now and again so I though that I would check and do a little more work to see whose fault it was….
Well this time it was not mine…. but…. rather what I would concider to be a fault found with the advent of electronic logging….
He was in my log… Clear as day ….
<PORTABLE LOCATION PREFIX> / (his CALLSIGN)
But once he got home from his holiday and took the time to enter all his logs and send out the EQSL card he sent it from:
So my log claims that I worked him portable and his log claims that I worked him at home… Therefore the QSO never took place…. Now I know it did and so I manually approved it and have sent him a note via email to advise him of what happened but…. I am now wondering if some of my LoTW QSOs that were never confirmed happened for the same reason and I have NO WAY of finding out….
SO… A REMINDER TO ALL YOU BUDDING DXPEDITIONERS OUT THERE…. MAKE SURE YOUR QSL ATTEMPTS ACTUALLY USE THE SAME CALLSIGN YOU USED IN THE DXPEDITION…
YOU MIGHT BE THE MISSING RARE ONE IN MY LOG…. and if I took the time to get you in the log when you were the rare DX please do it right so we can BOTH brag about it…