As you should be able to tell by the #RV hashtag in the title this posting will be more about RV’s than radios…
Well after much delaying it…. We finally did it…. The first (and most important) steps were taking to prepare Erika’s trailer for the winter.
Yes I did say Erika’s trailer….
Liz and I decided that we needed a slightly larger (newer) trailer for the start of our retirement and so rather than trade in the old one we gave it to Erika.
She is planning to reno it more for “Glamping”than Camping so lets see how far this one gets. One has to remember that her Sonic will not pull it….So stay tuned for what we/she has planned for it.
But on the weekend we did get the Fresh water tank drained, The Gray and Black Tanks dumped. All non perishable food items were removed along with some of the electronics. The trailer is being winter stored in its usual spot so we can easily get to it in the next few weeks to remove the bedding and kitchen items as well as take the steps to keep rodents away.
Now that the tanks are drained I still have to add the RV antifreeze to the system and that also will be done in the near future.
Back to the plans for the new mobile abode…. We are not really sure about the details other than we want one. I would guess something under 28 feet that can legally be towed by our current pick up truck.
We both want more room but are trying to find the find line between something we can travel with without feeling cramped and something we can live in for the summer but can’t tow it. I’m not really ready for a permanent campsite yet so I would prefer to travel a bit but stay for a while once we get there…
Lets see what we end up with….